Updated URLs for Online References in “Cloud Computing with the Azure Services Platform,” Chapters 1 and 2
Some URL for online references in my Cloud Computing with the Azure Services Platform book have grown stale, so following are the first in a series of posts containing updated direct (not bit.ly) links for chapters 1 and 2 updated on 2/4/2010:
Chapter 1: Surveying the Role of Cloud Computing
- August 9, 2006 interview by Danny Sullivan at the Search Engine Strategies Conference
- “Toward a Unified Ontology of Cloud Computing” research paper by Lamia Youseff (University of California, Santa Barbara, California), and Maria Butrico and Dilma Da Silva (IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown, New York).
- David Linthicum of Blue Mountain Labs proposes and briefly describes the following 10 major cloud computing components in his “Defining the Cloud Computing Framework” blog post of January 18, 2009.
- Cloud Computing Interoperability Forum
- An InformationWeek magazine poll of 456 “business technology professionals” conducted in late 2008 found only 18 percent were using cloud services and 34 percent had no interest in doing so.
- NIST NIST Definition of Cloud Computing v15 and Presentation on Effectively and Securely Using the Cloud Computing Paradigm v26
- Unified Cloud Interface (UCI) project started by Enomaly founder and chief technologist, Reuven Cohen.
- NIST Computer Security Division’s Computer Security Resource Center Publications page.
Chapter 2: Understanding Azure Services Architecture
- Windows Azure Development Portal
- Register for Azure Services page (retired)
- Live Services SDK page
- Microsoft’s main Windows Azure page
- Seven-part Azure Table Storage Services Test Harness blog series starting with Part 1—Introduction and Overview.
- “Retire your Data Center” cover story from the February 2009 issue of Visual Studio Magazine
- Eric Brewer's CAP Theorem keynote
- “Using the .NET Client Library with Table Storage” whitepaper
- OakLeaf Systems Azure Table Services Sample Project’s production version
- The AzureBlobTest application at http://oakleaf2.cloudapp.net/ is no longer accessible.
- The AzureQueueTest application at http://oakleaf5.cloudapp.net/ is no longer accessible.
- The .NET Services and SQL Services entry page (now AppFabric projects page)
- MSDN Developer Center’s home page for .NET Services (now Azure AppFabric)
- The .NET Services – Technical Discussions Forum (now Azure AppFabric)
- “Microsoft .NET Access Control Service” help topic of the MSDN Library
- The Introduction to Microsoft .NET Access Control.docx file and “A Developer's Guide to the Microsoft .NET Access Control Service” from the Download White Papers link on the Microsoft Windows Azure platform AppFabric
- “Microsoft .NET Service Bus” help topic of the MSDN Library
- The Introduction to Microsoft .NET Service Bus.docx file and “A Developer's Guide to the Microsoft .NET Service Bus” from the Download White Papers link on the Microsoft Windows Azure platform AppFabric page
- “Microsoft .NET Workflow Service” help topic of the MSDN Library
- The Introduction to Microsoft .NET Workflow Service.docx file and “A Developer's Guide to the Microsoft .NET Workflow Service” from the Download White Papers link on Microsoft Windows Azure platform AppFabric page
- Amazon Web Services announced on September 20, 2008 support by Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2) for Windows Server 2003 R2 and the Express and Standard editions of SQL Server 2005.
- A Mid-Course Correction for SQL Data Services
- Ten Slides from the ‘What’s New in Microsoft SQL Data Services’ (DAT202) Tech*Ed 2009 Session
- An invitation to the SDS v1 private CTP from the Join the Mailing List link is no longer available.
References for the remaining chapters will be updated as time is available.