The Windows Azure team’s Updated SDK and Tools for Visual Studio Available Now post of 1/14/2009 announces a refresh to the Windows Azure SDK and Windows Azure tools for Visual Studio.
- Download Windows Azure SDK January 2009 CTP (v. 18.104.22.168 of 1/14/2009)
- Download Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio 2008 January 2009 CTP (v. 1.0 of 1/14/2009)
According to the Azure team’s post, the new CTP offers:
- Improved integration with Visual Studio
- Performance improvements with execution and debugging scenarios
- Improvements to Storage Client and ASP.Net provider samples
- Added support to debug Silverlight in a web role
- Bug and performance fixes based on customer feedback
Be sure to read the release notes before installing the SDK update: Windows Azure SDK CTP Release Notes.
Read the instructions on the download page before running the VSCloudService.msi installer for Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio January 2009 CTP.
Note: This is the second post to the Windows Azure team blog. The first post was Introducing Windows Azure on 10/27/2008.